Hot Air & Quicksilver
Hot Air & Quicksilver
1 Amazing day Ballooning & Quicksilver
- 30 Minute Hot Air Balloon Flight
- Quicksilver Outer Reef Pontoon
Inc. all levies & taxes
Hot Air & Quicksilver InfoBallooning & Quicksilver Outer Edge Reef Experience
One AMAZING day!
For two spectacular “must do” experiences all in one magnificent day, marvel in the romance of hot air ballooning then continue your adventure as you cruise to the edge of Australia’s Continental Shelf to Agincourt Reef with Quicksilver, Australia’s most awarded Reef Cruise.
Start your day on a high with hot air ballooning! Watch the sun rise over the rolling hills of the majestic Tablelands then experience the wonder, silence and romance of floating in a hot air balloon.
The Atherton Tablelands provides ideal weather and climate conditions for this gentle activity and our beautiful region offers unrivalled views of the unique Australian landscape. Binoculars are on-board to capture sightings of the local birdlife and other unique wildlife. Kangaroos are often sighted on this tour. Enjoy the 360 degree panorama, before coming gently back to earth.
After some fun pack up games, your door-to-door transfer will connect you to join Quicksilver’s Outer Reef Pontoon Cruise. Personal photo portraits capturing your balloon flight are available for purchase.
Your day at a glance...
Early morning 30 minute Hot Air Ballooning Flight
4am - Coach pick-up from your accommodation approx. 4am
Hot Air balloon experience over Atherton Tablelands
Coach transfer to Port Douglas Crystalbrook Superyacht Marina
Reef Marina Quicksilver Outer Reef Cruise
10.00am - Depart Port Douglas for Agincourt Reef
11.30am - Arrive Agincourt Reef Activity Platform
3.00pm - Depart Agincourt Reef
4.30pm - Arrive Port Douglas Crystalbrook Marina
4.55pm - Coach departs for transfer to accommodation
After your early morning ballooning experience, you’re set to continue your day of adventure with Quicksilver to the awe-inspiring outer Great Barrier Reef where you will discover a world of beauty, vibrant coral gardens and diverse marine life.
Quicksilver’s high-speed wavepiercing catamaran will take you in air-conditioned comfort to an exclusive activity platform moored at the renowned Agincourt Reef, a jewel-like ribbon reef on the edge of Australia’s Continental Shelf.
The Agincourt ribbon reef systems showcase spectacular coral formations, colourful marine life and exceptional underwater visibility. From the spacious activity platform guests of all ages, swimmers and non-swimmers alike, can experience this stunning reef world in comfort, whether you choose to get wet and snorkel or stay dry and observe. Friendly and attentive crew, including professional marine biologists, are on hand to ensure you enjoy and gain the most from your day.
Explore the reef from the comfort of a semi-submersible, discover in the underwater observatory, watch the fascinating fish feeding presentation or snorkel and dive in the beautiful coral gardens.
Your Quicksilver tour includes:
• Transfer to Port Douglas Marina
• Return Wavepiercer cruise
• Morning and afternoon teas
• Reef presentation by marine biologist
• Hot & cold tropical buffet lunch
• Snorkel equipment (mask, snorkel, fins)
• Snorkel instruction
• Qualified lifeguard supervision
• Underwater observatory fish & coral viewing
• Lycra suit
• Coral viewing by semi-submersible vessels - as often as you like!
• Fish feeding (conducted by crew)
Exciting optional activities (additional cost) include:
Introductory and certified scuba diving, Marine Biologist guided snorkel tours, Oceanwalker helmet diving and scenic helicopter flights.
• Children: 4 -14 years
• All schedules, activities and prices may be varied without notice.
Hot Air Conditions:
• General Mobility: It is a Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) and company requirement that passengers must be able to climb into the basket unaided, so that in the event of an emergency passengers are also able to climb out of the basket unaided.
• Medical Conditions: Passengers with medical conditions should check their suitability to fly prior to booking. The Operator recommends that pregnant persons do not fly in a hot air balloon.
• The Operator will not carry passengers who have participated in a scuba dive the day before their balloon flight.
Great News! All payments to Travstar do not incur a credit card surcharge.
Hot Air & Quicksilver Rates
Need Help With Your Booking?Our Cairns Office is open again in 3 hours
About Travstar Booking Requests
There are some things a computer can't do.
We love helping people plan their holidays and we want to make sure we get it right.
Some holiday packages can be quite complicated with multiple tours and accommodation, pick-up times and extras.
That's why every booking made through a Travstar Website is checked by our local consultants.
It takes a little bit longer to get your tickets but we want to make sure everything is going to run smoothly for you.
How long wil it take to get my tickets?
Our team are alerted to new booking requests as they come in. During office hours you can expect to have your tickets within an hour or two.
After office hours your tickets may take up to 12 hours to arrive.