Calypso Snorkel & Dive
Calypso Snorkel & Dive
Visit 3 Reef Sites
- Port Douglas hotel transfers
- Guided snorkel tour
Inc. all levies & taxes
Calypso Snorkel & Dive Info
Calypso Reef Cruises has set itself a class above the rest.
Family owned and run, Calypso caters for snorkellers, introductory divers and dive enthusiasts.
Visiting 3 breathtaking sites daily from Port Douglas, Calypso will provide you with an experience of a lifetime. Learn about the marine life and eco-systems through our reef interpretive chat on board or take part in a guided snorkelling tour and surround yourself by the rainbow of brilliantly coloured fish and coral.
- Departs from Reef Marina (44 Wharf St) Port Douglas
- Boarding time: 8.20am
- Departure: 8:45am
- Return: 4.15pm
- Return hotel transfers from Port Douglas accommodation
- Morning & Afternoon tea
- Tropical buffet lunch
- Tea, coffee and filtered water available all day
- Interpretive marine talks
- Guided snorkelling tour
- All snorkelling equipment including masks, prescription masks and fins, floatation devices, wetsuits, lycra sun suits
- Environmental Management Charge
- Catering for approximately 80 passengers
- Purpose-built 25 metre catamaran designed for snorkelling and scuba diving
- Wide stern decks and submersible platforms (9 metres wide) provide easy access for getting in and out of the water
- Large upper and lower foredecks designed with comfortable day bed seating to maximise outdoor relaxation. Guests enjoy the top deck with sunlounges which provide breathtaking 360 degree views of the reef.
- Four toilets onboard, each containing a fresh hot water shower
• 8am to 8:20am - Transfers from your Port Douglas accommodation (times confirmed upon booking)
• 8:20am to 8:45am - Boarding commences at Reef Marina, Port Douglas. As the Calypso crew welcome you aboard you will be fitted out with your own snorkelling equipment before relaxing with light refreshments.
• 8:45am to 10:10am - It is time to sit back and relax while travelling to first site. If you are participating in a dive your dive guide will take this opportunity to brief you on your dive.
• 10:20am to 11:15am - First Site – Divers are briefed, enter water while snorkellers enjoy an informative talk on how to snorkel safely. After snorkelling/diving at the first site morning tea is served.
• 11:50am to 1:50pm - Second Site – A guided snorkelling tour is available before a tropical buffet lunch is served. After all that scrumptious food you can partake in a reef interpretive chat by one of the friendly crew.
• 1:50pm to 3:10pm - Third Site – A short trip to the final site for another snorkelling and diving opportunity before enjoying afternoon tea.
• 3:10pm to 4:30pm - Cruise home returning at approximately 4:30pm.
• 4:30pm to 5pm - Transfers back to your accommodation.
The snorkel groups are small and personalised. The crew will take you on an informative guided snorkelling tour and explain, as well as, answer questions about the Great Barrier Reef and it's many inhabitants.
- Introductory & Certified Diving
- Underwater camera hire
- On board photography
- Alcoholic beverages/bottled water/soft drinks
- Cairns and Northern Beaches (Trinity Beach, Palm Cove) hotel transfers
Calypso's catamaran has been designed to provide the best scuba diving on the Great Barrier Reef. Your instructor will show you unique dive sites and provide the latest scuba gear for your comfort and safety.
With visibility between 15m to 30m and water temperatures of 24C to 30C, diving conditions are great all year round.
Clown Fish, anemones, Maori wrasse and turtles are just some of the varieties of marine life seen while diving on Australia's Great Barrier Reef.
All diving is guided by qualified Dive Masters/Instructors and in small groups. They allow a maximum of 8 divers for Certified Diving and 4 divers for Introductory Diving, catering for all levels of experience. Calypso operate under PADI, the largest SCUBA dive organisation in the world.
• Introductory Diving
No experience is necessary to scuba dive – the qualified PADI Dive Instructors will take you through a Discover Scuba Diving Brief highlighting all safety procedures and skills.
Once at the reef, you will practice your skills both on the boat and in the water before being taken on a 30-40 minute dive with your instructor to explore spectacular coral reefs and abundant marine life from a different perspective.
• Cert Divers:
For certified divers there is a great selection of sites where your professional PADI Dive Instructors and Dive Masters will guide you in small groups of up to 8 divers.
- Remember to bring along your Certification Card.
- The dive gear is high quality and includes dive computers and large tanks.
- You can enjoy 3 spectacular dives in one day
Conditions of Diving:
- If you have never dived before and are wishing to participate in an Introductory Dive, there are some medical conditions, such as asthma, that will prevent you from diving without a Queensland dive medical. If in doubt, contact us or your general practitioner.
- Minimum age for Introductory Diving is 12 years.
- Restrictions of Flying: Allow 12 hours after the completion of a single dive to go altitude flying or 18 hours if participating in multiple dives.
- * Please note that scuba diving is subject to a medical checklist. Strictly non-refundable if on-board medical check is failed.
Medical checklist for scuba diving.
GOOD NEWS! All payments made to Travstar do not incur a credit card surcharge.
A day well spent!
Really friendly and well informed staff made this trip a day well spent!
Posted By Jessica P
We ended up booking them again a few days later
I heard fifty fifty on how good they were. Was happily surprised by how good. We ended up booking them again a few days later for my husbands 30th birthday. Food was great glad to know that at least one cruse boat is aware of over fishing of the reef area.(no seafood served) thank you. We were luckly to not have too many people on board. 1st trip was about 30 i think and the second trip was about 41-49. so not bad at all. I loved the lay out of the boat compared to most of the others I saw in the harbor. Crew were awesome and knowledgeable. thanks again for 2 great trips!
Posted By Danusha Brislin
Outstanding value for money...
This was an incredible day out to the reef, the staff were amazing, the service, food, facilities and friendliness of everyone on board made this a memorable day. Outstanding value for money...
Posted By Ian Burns
This was the best experience EVER!!
This was the best experience EVER!! Would recommend it to everyone. Staff were fantastic, the ship was beautiful and the food was delicious. Want to do this again!!!
Posted By Christine Looby
Calypso Snorkel & Dive Rates
All prices shown in Australian Dollars
Prices valid from now until 31 March 2020
|1x Cert Dives, weights & tanks||$286
|1x Cert Dives, full gear||$311
|2x Cert Dives, weights & tanks||$316
|2x Cert Dives, full gear||$341
|3x Cert Dives, weights & tanks||$341
|3x Cert Dives, full gear||$366
|Cruise + 1 Intro Dive||$321
|Cruise + 2 Intro Dives||$376
Child Age = 4-14 years
Family Rate = 2 adults, 2 children (up to 18 years old)
WE DO NOT CHARGE BOOKING FEES OR CREDIT CARD SURCHARGES
Need Help With Your Booking?Our Cairns Office is open again in 6 hours
About Travstar Booking Requests
There are some things a computer can't do.
We love helping people plan their holidays and we want to make sure we get it right.
Some holiday packages can be quite complicated with multiple tours and accommodation, pick-up times and extras.
That's why every booking made through a Travstar Website is checked by our local consultants.
It takes a little bit longer to get your tickets but we want to make sure everything is going to run smoothly for you.
How long wil it take to get my tickets?
Our team are alerted to new booking requests as they come in. During office hours you can expect to have your tickets within an hour or two.
After office hours your tickets may take up to 12 hours to arrive.