Low Isles & Kuranda Info
2 DAY PACKAGE - OPTION 13
LOW ISLES + KURANDA TRAIN & SKYRAIL
A wonderful combination of experiences - set sail for a day of island discovery and relaxation on the Great Barrier Reef, then visit the rainforest village of Kuranda experiencing two incredible and picturesque journeys.
These 2 daytrips can be done on any two days of your holiday in no particular order.
DAY ONE: Wavedancer Low Isles Cruise
Set like a jewel in the Great Barrier Reef, Low Isles is an idyllic, unspoilt coral cay island a tropical island paradise. Combined with the romance of sailing aboard Quicksilvers luxury 30 metre sailing catamaran, Wavedancer, this is the perfect day for families and couples seeking island relaxation.
From the moment Wavedancer moors in the calm waters of the islands picturesque lagoon, a host of reef activities await. The friendly crew will take you on a leisurely, informative day where island visitor numbers are limited.
Discover the mysteries of marine life while snorkelling or glass bottom boat viewing. Take a guided beach walk and snorkelling tour with a marine biologist or just relax on the beach under a thatched umbrella or on the decks of Wavedancer.
- Return hotel transfers included from Cairns, Northern Beaches (Trinity Beach, Palm Cove) or Port Douglas.
- Departs from Reef Marina Port Douglas at 10am returning 4:30pm
Your Day Includes:
- Return Wavedancer cruise from Port Douglas
- Morning and afternoon teas on-board
- Marine Biologist Reef Presentation
- Tropical smorgasbord lunch served on-board Wavedancer
- Snorkelling equipment (mask, snorkel & fins) and instruction provide
- Qualified lifeguard supervision
- Glass bottom boat coral viewing
- Marine Biologist guided beach walk
- Marine Biologist guided snorkel tour
DAY TWO: Kuranda Train & Skyrail
Highlights & Inclusions:
- Departs Daily with return hotel transfers from Cairns, Northern Beaches (Trinity Beach, Palm Cove) or Port Douglas
- Kuranda Scenic Rail at 9.50am
- Approx 4 hours free time in Kuranda
- Return by Skyrail at 3.30pm
- Barron Falls & Red Peak Boardwalks
- Transfer to hotel at 4.50pm arriving
Kuranda Scenic Rail: At Freshwater Station, board the famous Kuranda Scenic Rail for an unforgettable journey, winding over the mountain range over bridges and through tunnels into Kuranda. There are spectacular views of Cairns and the Coral Sea from your carriage and a souvenir booklet is included. The Journey takes 1 1/2 hours from Freshwater station.
Kuranda Village: Free time is allowed to explore this quaint village, including the Heritage Markets which operate daily. Kuranda is a small village in the Rainforest with one main street. From the train station it is a very easy walk to the markets and other attractions. There are also local art and craft shops and cafes. The Attractions are many and varied including Birdworld, The Butterfly Sanctuary and Koala Gardens (additional charge).
Skyrail Rainforest Cableway: At your scheduled time, board Skyrail for your journey to Caravonica Lakes. There are 2 stops enroute to explore Barron Falls and Red Peak Rainforest Boardwalks. The Journey takes 1hr.15mins
UPGRADES: (extra cost)
Gold Class Kuranda Scenic Rail:
Gold Class has provided a premium experience, giving you the extra comfort and little bit of luxury, and a most memorable experience
- 9.55am departure from Freshwater Station to Kuranda
- 3.30pm departure from Kuranda to Cairns
- Dedicated personalised Gold Class attendant
- Individual seating, lounge-style chairs (24 seats in each carriage over 4 carriages)
- Ambient, historical décor, including timber look flooring, historical photographs and cedar interior
- Gift pack including Kuranda Scenic Railway badge, pen, postcard and postage
- Souvenir trip guide available in 9 languages
- Optional exclusive tour of the Heritage-Listed Signal Cabin at Kuranda station
- Conducted 15 minutes after arrival for morning trains
- Conducted 30 minutes prior to departure for afternoon trains
- Food & beverage offerings will focus on Queensland and local Tablelands produce such as:
o Gallo Dairyland Cheese
o Skybury Coffee
o Wondaree Macadamias
o Mango to Go (100% pure mango "ice-cream" style treat)
o Freshly baked muffins with local fruit
o Sirromet Wines
o Great Northern Brewing Company Super Crisp Lager
Diamond View Gondolas provides guests with amazing panoramic views of the tropical landscape, Coral Sea and rainforest canopy, but also the unique perspective of looking straight down from the treetops to the forest floor through the glass flooring for the entire Skyrail experience. Taking a maximum of 5 persons and a waiting time of 7 minutes. (extra cost)
GREAT NEWS! All payments made to Travstar do not incur a credit card surcharges.
Loved it all
Loved it all
Posted By Kathy
Highly recommend the diamond view on the Skyrail
Posted By Linda Elliott
Posted By Christine Moore
Had a great day
Had a great day...they were very accommodating and the tour was awesome...especially the skyrail!
Posted By Lisa K
We had a great time
we had a great time would recommend this to my friends.
Posted By Carol Fitzgerald
Great relaxing day!
Great relaxing day! Met great people. Enjoyed a couple of walks and visited the Butterfly Sanctuary.
Posted By Jacque Bradley
Well organized and managed, very helpful staff with good knowledge, an excellent trip.
Posted By Ian Lowe
Good, could not be happier with the whole experience.
Staff & service excellent.
Posted By Philip Taylor
Lovely experience. The only blemish was a bottleneck at the 1st cable car changeover. I would certainly recommend the service and experience.
Posted By Brian Dunham
Everything was amazing
We has a fantastic day every thing was amazing the food, staff and the day!!
Posted By Sandra Saristavros
Lovely day out
We had a lovely day out on the cat,
Food was good
Just poor visibility of the coral and fish , a little disappointing .
Would recommend to go to the reef if you really want to snorkel.
Posted By Rosemarie Jacobi
A great day out
A great day out despite the rocky waves. Great to have a marine biologist aboard. Lunch was very good. Staff were caring when I threw up!
Posted By Bronwyn Rayner
Staff were fantastic!
The staff were fantastic!
Posted By Jane Joycey
Need Help With Your Booking?Our Cairns Office is open again in 4 hours
About Travstar Booking Requests
There are some things a computer can't do.
We love helping people plan their holidays and we want to make sure we get it right.
Some holiday packages can be quite complicated with multiple tours and accommodation, pick-up times and extras.
That's why every booking made through a Travstar Website is checked by our local consultants.
It takes a little bit longer to get your tickets but we want to make sure everything is going to run smoothly for you.
How long wil it take to get my tickets?
Our team are alerted to new booking requests as they come in. During office hours you can expect to have your tickets within an hour or two.
After office hours your tickets may take up to 12 hours to arrive.