Kuranda, Hartley's & Quicksilver
FAMOUS KURANDA SKYRAIL & TRAIN
HARTLEYS CROCODILE ADVENTURE
QUICKSILVER OUTER BARRIER REEF PONTOON
SNORKEL & SEMI SUBMARINE
RETURN HOTEL TRANSFERS DAILY | DEPARTS DAILY
Kuranda, Hartley's & Quicksilver Info
3 Day Tour Package - Option 7
This 3 day tour package is perfect for families.
- Skyrail, Kuranda, Scenic Rail
- Hartley's Crocodile Adventures Park
- Quicksilver Agincourt Reef Pontoon
DAY ONE: Kuranda Skyrail & Train
Skyrail Up/Train Down:
- 8am pickup in Port Douglas
- 9:15am Skyrail Cableway
- Red Peak & Barron Falls Boardwalk
- Free time in Kuranda Village
- 2pm or 3:30pm Scenic Railway
- Return transfer to hotel
Skyrail Rainforest Cableway: Board the Skyrail for a journey to Kuranda. There are 2 stops enroute to explore Red Peak and Barron Falls Rainforest Boardwalks. The Journey takes 1hr 15mins
Kuranda Village: Free time is allowed to explore this quaint village, including the Markets which operate daily. You will have free time in Kuranda Village
Kuranda Scenic Rail: At your scheduled time, board the Kuranda Scenic Rail for your journey to Freshwater Station. The journey takes 1 1/2 hours from Kuranda.Kuranda Scenic Rail Gold Class Upgrade:
Gold Class has provided a premium experience, giving you the extra comfort and little bit of luxury, and a most memorable experience
- 9.55am departure from Freshwater station to Kuranda
- 3.30pm departure from Kuranda to Cairns
- Dedicated host service
- Individual seating, lounge-style chairs
- Ambient, historical décor, including timber look flooring, historical photographs and cedar interior
- Kuranda Scenic Railway gift pack including Kuranda Scenic Railway badge, pen, postcard and postage
- Souvenir trip guide
- Optional exclusive tour of the Heritage-Listed Signal Cabin at Kuranda station
- Queensland and local Tablelands produce such as Gallo Dairyland Cheese, Skybury Coffee, Wondaree Macadamias, Manago to Go (100% pure mango "ice-cream" style treat), freshly baked muffins with local fruit, Sirromet wines and Great Northern Brewing Company Super Crisp Lager
- Welcome drinks served 20 minutes prior to departure:
- Morning service: tropical mocktails served in the pavilion area
- Afternoon service: served onboard the train
Diamond View Gondolas provides guests with amazing panoramic views of the tropical landscape, Coral Sea and rainforest canopy, but also the unique perspective of looking straight down from the treetops to the forest floor through the glass flooring for the entire Skyrail experience. Taking a maximum of 5 persons and a waiting time of 7 minutes. (extra cost)
DAY 2 - Hartley's Crocodile Adventure Park
Departures: 10:15am pickup with a 4pm coach back to hotel
The Park is not only home to hundreds of crocodiles but also Koalas, Kangaroos, Cassowaries, Dingoes, snakes, reptiles and other species native to Australia.
Hartleys Crocodile Adventures is located 25 kilometres (20 minutes) south of Port Douglas.
11.00am - Crocodile Feeding
See a huge estuarine (saltwater) crocodile hand fed in a presentation which also features Australia's indigenous freshwater crocodile.
11.30am - Crocodile Photos
Impress your friends with a photo of you holding a LIVE crocodile (photo extra charge)
1.30pm - Crocodile Farm Tour
Gain and insight into the operation of our crocodile farm. Learn how farming contributes to the conservation of wild crocodiles in their natural habitat.
2.00pm - Snake Show
Discover the world's most venomous snakes and learn how to administer first aid for snake bite.
2.30pm - Boat Cruise
Cruise the still waters of Hartley's Lagoon and experience the domain of the Saltwater Crocodile in its natural habitat. Great opportunity for bird watchers to spot Kingfishers, Egrets etc. which choose to live around the lagoons.
3.00pm - Crocodile Attack Show
Watch our professional, experienced keepers demonstrate the notorious death roll and head shake. See a huge crocodile hand-fed up close in our specially designed amphitheatre.
DAY THREE: Quicksilver
Quicksilver takes you to Agincourt Reef Pontoon, a magnificent ribbon reef where you can snorkel, dive or stay dry and explore the stunning reef from the comfort of a semi-sub.
- Port Douglas Accommodation Transfers
- Morning and afternoon tea
- Hot and cold tropical smorgasbord lunch
- Itinerary and reef information leaflet
- Informative presentation by marine biologist
- All snorkelling equipment
- Qualified snorkelling safety officers
- Underwater observatory
- Semi-submersible coral viewing
Your day at a glance:
10.00am Depart Reef Marina, Port Douglas
10.30am Snorkelling demonstration and Introductory dive information presentation
10.30am An informative Marine Biologist slide presentation also takes place on the upper deck
11.30am Arrive Outer Barrier Reef - Reef activities commence:
- Enjoy free swimming and free snorkelling from submerged platform
- Underwater observatory open for coral and fish viewing
- 20 minute Semi-sub tours depart every fifteen minutes from the rear of the platform
- Pre-booked guided snorkelling tours with Marine Biologist ( optional )
- Diving and helicopter scenic flights ( optional )
- Fish feeding conducted at snorkelling platform at advertised times
1.30pm Lunch finishes. Time for more activity or just relax and take in the view!!
3.00pm Depart Agincourt Reef for Port Douglas. Reef video and photo viewing on board
4.30pm Arrival at Reef Marina, Port Douglas. Transfer back to your hotel.
Note: These 3 day tours do not need to be taken consecutively.
Well organised and planned out. Times were suggested to us allowing us a flow a activity . Thank you
Posted By Anne Vandewater
Posted By Kerrie Bowers
The best wildlife park we have ever been too!!!
The best wildlife park we have ever been too!!!
Posted By Marguerite Puiatti
friendly and approachable people.
friendly and approachable people.
Posted By Sally
Loved the whole day
Loved the whole day. Skyrail was great. Markets were really good Train trip back was lovely. A really good value for money trip. Will do it again when we come back to cairns
Posted By Colin Watts
A really enjoyable day
Train up..Skyrail down.. The only way to go. For older folks, use the shuttle buses to get around Kuranda.. A really enjoyable day..
Posted By John Cupper
Experience was amazing
Thought the whole experience was amazing!! Just outstanding.
Posted By Karen Seifert
Best day in Kuranda
Gold Class was a lovely treat and worth the extra on the train. The Skyrail return was amazing, especially as we had such beautiful clear weather.
Posted By Donna Walmsley
A tour not to be missed.
A tour not to be missed when in Cairns old growth forest cableway is fantastic!!!
Posted By Larry H.
Many thanks,very enjoyable
Posted By Grant & Valerie Catlin
Excellent trip. Picked up on time and returned with no problems. Thanks
Posted By Diane Punter
Very good day
Very nice experience. The lady serving in our compartment in the train was very helpful and accomodating. Thanks for making it a memorable experience. Both the train and sky rail offered great views and we are sure to cherish this trip for years to come. Kuranda was also fantabulous with the things in offer at such a small place. The Frog restaurants food was delicious. The staff concerned with the transfers to the hotel was also very cordial and helped reschedule our trip back home. It was a nice gesture to take the trouble of looking up and arranging for a pick up as we were 30 mins before time. All in all a very good day with family.
Posted By Shivaraj Iyer
A must do
We cannot wait till next time
Posted By Scott Allen
It was an exceptional day! Great service and care by Quicksilver staff.
Posted By Terri Anisko
Was an excellent day, a little rushed with so many people, a little overcrowded! Very promt service, right on time!
Posted By Barry Ayres
Amazed at the experience
We had a fab day the 4 grandchildren were just amazed at the experience have not stopped talking about the swim the dive the fish etc
Posted By Maxine Schofield
Need Help With Your Booking?Our Cairns Office is open again in 4 hours
About Travstar Booking Requests
There are some things a computer can't do.
We love helping people plan their holidays and we want to make sure we get it right.
Some holiday packages can be quite complicated with multiple tours and accommodation, pick-up times and extras.
That's why every booking made through a Travstar Website is checked by our local consultants.
It takes a little bit longer to get your tickets but we want to make sure everything is going to run smoothly for you.
How long wil it take to get my tickets?
Our team are alerted to new booking requests as they come in. During office hours you can expect to have your tickets within an hour or two.
After office hours your tickets may take up to 12 hours to arrive.