Cape Trib & Silversonic Reef
DAINTREE RIVER CRUISE
LUNCH INCLUDED FOR BOTH TOURS
3 OUTER GREAT BARRIER REEF SITES
ENJOY UNLIMITED SNORKELLING
Cape Trib & Silversonic Reef Info
2 day Package Option 10 -
Cape Tribulation & Silversonic
Experience the World Heritage listed Daintree followed by an unforgettable Outer Barrier Reef Cruise onboard the modern Silversonic.
DAY 1 - CAPE TRIBULATION, DAINTREE & MOSSMAN GORGE
Discover the unique wilderness area of the World Heritage listed rainforests of both Cape Tribulation & iconic Mossman Gorge with Tropical Horizons, a Eco-Certified nature tourism operator.
- Includes return hotel transfers from:
- Departs Cairns and Northern Beaches (Trinity Beach, Palm Cove) at 7am, returns approx 6:30pm.
- Departs Port Douglas at 8:30am. returns approx 5:30pm.
- GPS Activated Audio Commentary
- Short tour of Port Douglas
- Morning and afternoon teas
- 1 hour Daintree River Wildlife Cruise
- Lunch in a rainforest setting
- Cape Tribulation Beach guided foreshore walk
- Alexandra Range Lookout
- Vehicular cable ferry crossings over the Daintree River
- Mossman Gorge Centre and guided walking tour
• 1 hour Daintree River Wildlife Cruise - catch a river boat and be guided down the Daintree River where there’s a good chance of catching a glimpse of a lazy crocodile or two, tree snakes, pythons and water birds.
• Cape Tribulation Beach and a guided foreshore walk and Kulki lookout and observe where two of the world's natural wonders converge - the rainforest gives way to white sand and fringing coral reef!
• Alexandra Range Lookout to enjoy this spectacular lookout over the Daintree River estuary, Snapper Island and beyond to the Coral Sea.
• Vehicular cable ferry crossing over the Daintree River.
• Mossman Gorge Gateway Centre is a special place of significance to the local Ku Ku Yalanji people. The group is transferred by eco-friendly open electric vehicles, which quietly wind their way into the tranquil gorge surrounds. Enjoy an interpretive guided walk of the gorge and experience this ancient rainforest firsthand.
• Return you to your accommodation with wonderful memories of this unique and precious wilderness area.
The tour is operated using the latest GPS activated technology providing over 3hrs of commentary in the following languages- German, Italian, Spanish, French, Japanese and Chinese, delivered with sound effects and music, creating a truly memorable experience. Systems will be provided on day of travel. Feel free to bring your own earphones (3.5mm) or purchase for $3.00.
DAY 2 -SILVERSONIC REEF CRUISE
Silversonic is a ultra modern catamaran, which lets you explore the outer edge reef locations at Agincourt ribbon reef in superb style and comfort.
- Departs Reef Marina Port Douglas at 8:30am and returns 4:30pm.
- Return hotel transfers from Port Douglas hotels included
- Silversonic ultra modern 29m Catamaran cruise from Port Douglas
- Visit 3 of the best reef locations on Agincourt Ribbon Reef
- Spend over 5 hours at the reef for unlimited adventure snorkelling
- Morning & Afternoon tea
- Tropical smorgasbord lunch includes fresh prawns, pasta, meats, salads and fruit
- Snorkelling equipment (mask and prescription masks, snorkel & fins) and instruction provided
- FREE guided Snorkel Tour
- EMC (environmental management charge)
- Scuba Diving (All equipment, including wetsuits and prescription masks (if required) are included in the price of the introductory dive)
- Lycra suits and wetsuits for snorkellers
08.15am: On boarding enjoy a complimentary tea or coffee and a foccacia bread. For your safety, hot drinks are not served once the vessel is underway.
08.30am: Depart Reef Marina for the trip to the Outer Barrier Reef. On the way, detailed certified and introductory dive briefings are given
10.00am: Arrive at the 1st site. Divers gear up, while snorkellers listen to a site briefing by the snorkelling advisor. Get ready to view the beauty of this natural wonder!
11.30am: Move to 2nd site... After the initial water activities, enjoy a tropical hot and cold lunch is served. There are bar facilities available where you can purchase drinks.
01.15pm: Silversonic moves to 3rd location on Agincourt Reef system. Option for introductory divers to do second dive and certified divers to do their third. Snorkellers are once again briefed as to the best areas to snorkel.
02.15pm: Afternoon tea is served.
03.00pm: Depart Agincourt Reef for Port Douglas. Reef video viewing on board.
04.30pm: Arrival at Reef Marina, Port Douglas
- Order of attractions may change on day of travel.
- These 2 daytrips can be done on any two days of your holiday in no particular order. Please advise at the time of booking.
GREAT NEWS! All bookings made through Travstar do not incur a credit card surcharge.
Snorkelling trip was great
Snorkelling trip was great. Staff were very friendly and knowledgeable, also very helpful when my wife got sick on the boat trip. All three sites were varied in layout and wildlife.
Posted By Christian Jonsson
Great Barrier Reef Day Trip
The instructions on how to snorkel and the best locations were very helpful. Really enjoyed the variety of the reef life that we saw at the 3 locations. Highly recommend this tour.
Posted By Anne Herbert
The three reef sites were amazing
My friend and I really enjoyed our day with the Silversonic team. They were friendly, knowledgable and very helpful. The three reef sites were amazing, and I preferred this reef trip to that which I did from Cairns.
Posted By Chirag Patel
Had a wonderful day.
Posted By Kathryn Barry
Xavier was absolutely fantastic!!
Our Tropical Horizons tour guide/bus driver for the day, Xavier, was absolutely fantastic!! He really did contribute to making our day even more special :-) Thank you!
Posted By Jo Bunn
An excellent day
An excellent day with great commentaries and a lovely lunch.
Posted By Helen Parker
The Cape Tribulation is beautiful and the daintree is just stunning especially when you get to see Crocodiles in their natural habitat. The guide we had Daniel was funny and gave great information about the history around the Daintree, Cape Trib and Port Douglas.
Posted By Julia Selby
Recommend this tour
Did this trip for the second time & thoroughly enjoyed it again - different bus driver so different stories...loved the sights & information handed out not in a great big bus with 50 or more people just a group would recommend this tour also
Posted By Lyn I
Need Help With Your Booking?Our Cairns Office is open again in 5 hours
About Travstar Booking Requests
There are some things a computer can't do.
We love helping people plan their holidays and we want to make sure we get it right.
Some holiday packages can be quite complicated with multiple tours and accommodation, pick-up times and extras.
That's why every booking made through a Travstar Website is checked by our local consultants.
It takes a little bit longer to get your tickets but we want to make sure everything is going to run smoothly for you.
How long wil it take to get my tickets?
Our team are alerted to new booking requests as they come in. During office hours you can expect to have your tickets within an hour or two.
After office hours your tickets may take up to 12 hours to arrive.