3 Night Port Douglas Getaway
3 NIGHTS STUDIO - CLUB TROPICAL
SILVERSONIC OUTER BARRIER REEF CRUISE
3 BRILLIANT REEF SITES | LUXURY VESSEL
CAPE TRIBULATION 4WD EXPERIENCE
FREE DAY TO EXPLORE PORT DOUGLAS
3 Night Port Douglas Getaway Info
PORT GETAWAY PACKAGE is an ideal option for a tropical short break or weekend getaway. On arrival you'll feel instantly relaxed as you enjoy Port's laid back village lifestyle.
The package combines a stay at Club Tropical, right in the heart of Macrossan St opposite the park, an exciting Outer Barrier Reef Cruise and a remarkable Cape Tribulation rainforest experience. This is the best value in town!
* 3 nights at Club Tropical Studio Room
* Silversonic Outer Barrier Reef
* 3 Outer Barrier Reef locations
* Billy Tea Cape Cape Tribulation Rainforest Tour
* 4WD Bloomfield Track
DAY ONE: Check into Club Tropical Port Douglas
Club Tropical Resort is situated in the heart of Port Douglas village within steps of the Sunday Markets, restaurants, boutiques and cafe's. The parkland across the road leads to the Reef Marina while Four Mile Beach is a 10 minute walk along famous Macrossan St.
Club Tropical Resort is only one hours drive north on the Captain Cook highway from the Cairns Airport. The panoramic views between Cairns and Port Douglas are infamous.
We can arrange airport transfers from Cairns for an additional cost. Please ask when booking.
What makes it Great?
- Great location on Macrossan Street
- Unique tropical atmosphere
- Pool with waterfall and Spa
- Exotic water garden
- Sunday markets directly opposite
- Excellent value for money
- Tropical rooms with character!
- Large rock sculptured pool
- Two hot spas and sauna
- Guest laundry facilities with washing machines and dryers
- Laundering and dry cleaning service
- Free undercover parking
- Wheelchair accessible suite
- Internet Access in foyer
Club Tropical offers Studios overlooking the tranquil water garden. Most rooms are furnished with bamboo and bright tropical colours.
- Air-conditioning & ceiling fans
- Bedding configuration can be a King and a Single bed, or with one King bed
- Open plan living
- Cable TV, DVD & CD player, Complimentary in-house movies, Wireless Internet (charges apply)
- Iron/ironing board
- Ensuite bathroom with walk in shower, large bath tub, hairdryer
- Kitchenette on private balconies (hotplates, microwave, double sinks).
- Serviced weekly
DAY TWO: Silversonic Outer Barrier Reef Cruise
Silversonic is a new modern catamaran, which lets you explore the outer edge reef locations at Agincourt ribbon reef in superb style and comfort. This luxury vessel sets a new benchmark in spacious design and practical dive and snorkel facilities.
Why we like it:
- Ultra modern Catamaran
- Super smooth & fastest cat on the reef!
- Features unique ride control
- Visit 3 of the best reef locations
- 5 hours of actual reef time
- Small boat numbers - maximum 85 passengers
- Permit to swim with Dwarf Minke Whales if encountered
Port Douglas Reef Marina at 8:30am, boarding from 7:45am. Returns 4:30pm. Includes return hotel transfers from Club Tropical
- Return Silversonic cruise from Port Douglas
- Scrumptious morning tea -foccacias and muffins
- Afternoon tea cakes, cheese & biscuits
- Hot and cold tropical buffet lunch with prawns
- Reef Interpretation
- Snorkelling equipment provided
- Mask, prescription mask if needed
- Snorkel and fins
- Guided Snorkel Tour
- Snorkel brief at each site
- Qualified lifeguard supervision
- Equipment for divers provided, inc. wetsuit
- Lycra/stinger suits
- Hot freshwater showers
As an added bonus during the whale season (July to September), however common in our waters between the months of March and October, Silversonic has one of the few permits available from the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority that allows our guests to swim with dwarf Minke whales if encountered a truly unforgettable experience!
- 08:15am: Vessel boarding. Complimentary tea / coffee and a gourmet breakfast including foccacias, muffins and cakes is served in the saloon.
- 08:30am: Depart Port Douglas Reef Marina for the Outer Barrier Reef. On the outward journey, certified and introductory dive briefings begin.
- 10:15am: Arrive at first reef location. Divers gear up, while snorkellers' site briefing begins.Get ready to view the beauty of this natural wonder!
- 11:30am: Silversonic departs for second reef location. Option for introductory divers and certified divers to do a second dive. Snorkellers site briefing.
- 12:00pm: Tropical hot and cold buffet lunch served in the air conditioned cabin.
- 1:40pm: Silversonic departs for third reef location. Snorkellers are once again briefed as to the best areas to snorkel. A FREE guided Snorkel Tour commences. Option for certified divers to do a third dive or second introductory dive.
- 2.30pm: Afternoon tea served
- 3:00pm: All passengers board vessel for final passenger count and departure for Port Douglas
- 4.30pm: Silversonic arrives at Port Douglas Reef Marina
- 4:55pm: Coaches depart for accommodation
(Subject to variations according to conditions and reef sites visited)
DAY THREE: Billy Tea Cape Tribulation Safari
Billy Tea Safaris is a locally owned operator, which operates small personalised tours to Cape Tribulation. Your naturalist guides have extensive knowledge of flora, fauna, history of the area and aboriginal culture, which will ensure you day will be a memory of a life time.
Why we like it?
- Small Personalised tours - maximum 14 guests
- Exclusive freshwater swim at Emmagen Creek
- Custom built for comfort Air - conditioned 4WD
- Exclusive tour along the 4WD only Bloomfield Track
- Includes return hotel transfers at 8:20am and returns approx 5:30pm
Your tour includes:
- Environmentalist driver / guide
- Courtesy hotel pick-up and return
- Scenic coastal drive
- 1 hour Daintree River Cruise and morning tea
- Alexandra Range Lookout
- Guided National Park elevated boardwalk tour
- Hand feed kangaroos
- Tropical BBQ lunch (please advise of any dietary requirements)
- Walk on Cape Tribulation beach or Botanical Boardwalk (swimming is allowed seasonally)
- Drive north along the scenic coastal route along the Captain Cook Highway learning about the history of the area and admiring spectacular views of the coast line and Coral Sea.
- Stop at the Majestic Daintree River for Morning Tea before enjoying a guided River Cruise on the Daintree River. Learn of Estuarine Crocodiles, mangrove forests and endemic wildlife.
- Ascend the Alexandra Range and pause for a panoramic view of World Heritage Rainforest merging with the azure colours of the Coral Sea. Experience the rainforest on one of the guided elevated Boardwalks.
- Travel onto Lync Haven animal refuge where you have the opportunity to hand feed a kangaroo and get up close to some of Australias wildlife. Enjoy a gourmet barbecue lunch with freshly prepared salads in a beautiful rainforest setting restaurant.
- Travel through spectacular Rainforest as you pass Cape Tribulation and continue along the 4WD Bloomfield Track through to Emmagen Creek. Time for a refreshing rainforest stream swim, in crystal clear freshwaters.
- Visit Cape Tribulation Beach . Stroll along the beach and boardwalk to the photographers' platform overlooking the mountains and coast where the 'Rainforest meets the Reef'
- Time permitting stop at the Daintree Ice Cream Factory. Your taste buds will be tantalized with exotic tropical fruit home made ice cream. Sample unique flavours, such as Black Sapote, Sour sop, and Coconut just to name a few. (Additional cost)
- After a short afternoon refreshment stop, cross the Daintree River by cable ferry and begin the homeward journey.
**This tour runs in reverse occasionally.
DAY FOUR: Depart Port Douglas, End of package
- The Port Getaway Package includes accommodation and tours as above.
- Airport Transfers from Cairns are not included in this package.
- This package does not include any meals besides meals included on your tours.
- You can start this package any day of the week and the tours can be taken on your preferred dates of travel. Please advise at the time of booking.
Definitely recommend this trip.
Had a lovely time and the driver was very helpful and friendly. I would definitely recommend this trip.
Posted By Keith Mills
Thoroughly enjoyed our tour
Thoroughly enjoyed our tour into Daintree Rain Forest.
Very well organised and fascinating and informative commentary on route.
Posted By William Taylor
I just recently travelled with Billy Tea and had a wonderful time exploring the magnificent Daintree Rainforest and Cape Tribulation. The guides, Matthew and Mick were fantastic and very passionate about the area. We even saw a Cassowary and a chick, Boyd's Forest Dragon, a 4 metre crocodile and lots more. The tropical fruit, damper and billy tea was a nice touch by Emmagen Creek. Will definately recommend others to do this tour if you are thinking of travelling to the Daintree and only have a day to do it!
Posted By Natalie Murray
Very informative and enjoyable experience.
Very well organised, very informative and enjoyable experience. Our driver/guide was great - he shared his extensive knowledge about the area in a very interesting narrative during the trip. Learned a lot about the Daintree trees and loved the tropical fruit and billy tea with damper at the freshwater pool. Our river trip was also interesting and our driver was most considerate and experienced. Plenty of good food at our lunch stop too.
Posted By Frances Katsaras
Excellent location. A little bit dated but comfortable.
Posted By Joanne Roddy
Excellent location, close to everything and easy walking distance to restauants, cafes, shops and the marina. Pub across the way has live music but everything stopped at 11.
Posted By Gill Faulkner
Excellent location. Appartment was clean and servicable.
Posted By Megan Hamilton
Lovely place, lots of room, close to town
Posted By Kerrie Bowers
Snorkelling trip was great
Snorkelling trip was great. Staff were very friendly and knowledgeable, also very helpful when my wife got sick on the boat trip. All three sites were varied in layout and wildlife.
Posted By Christian Jonsson
Great Barrier Reef Day Trip
The instructions on how to snorkel and the best locations were very helpful. Really enjoyed the variety of the reef life that we saw at the 3 locations. Highly recommend this tour.
Posted By Anne Herbert
The three reef sites were amazing
My friend and I really enjoyed our day with the Silversonic team. They were friendly, knowledgable and very helpful. The three reef sites were amazing, and I preferred this reef trip to that which I did from Cairns.
Posted By Chirag Patel
Had a wonderful day.
Posted By Kathryn Barry
Need Help With Your Booking?Our Cairns Office is open again in 4 hours
About Travstar Booking Requests
There are some things a computer can't do.
We love helping people plan their holidays and we want to make sure we get it right.
Some holiday packages can be quite complicated with multiple tours and accommodation, pick-up times and extras.
That's why every booking made through a Travstar Website is checked by our local consultants.
It takes a little bit longer to get your tickets but we want to make sure everything is going to run smoothly for you.
How long wil it take to get my tickets?
Our team are alerted to new booking requests as they come in. During office hours you can expect to have your tickets within an hour or two.
After office hours your tickets may take up to 12 hours to arrive.