- Visit 3 reef locations
- 5 hours at the reef
|Based on 45 ratings|
|FROM $239 per adult|
|FROM $279 per adult|
|FROM $306 per adult|
A day with Silversonic is all about being in the water and experiencing the magical underwater world of the Great Barrier Reef. This ultra modern catamaran lets you explore 3 outer edge reef locations at Agincourt ribbon reef in superb style and comfort.
Cruising on the fastest vessel to the reef, you will enjoy over 5 hours exploring the delights of this underwater world. Silversonic's ride control system ensures your trip is super smooth, even when travelling at speeds of up to 32 knots.
Why we like it:
- Ultra-modern Catamaran
- Super smooth & fastest cat on the reef!
- Features unique ride control
- Visit 3 of the best reef locations
- 5 hours of actual reef time
- Small boat numbers - maximum 90 passengers
- Permit to swim with Dwarf Minke Whales if encountered
Daily from Port Douglas Reef Marina at 8:30am, boarding from 7:45am. Returns 4:30pm.
- Return coach transfer from Port Douglas accommodation
- Return Silversonic cruise from Port Douglas
- Scrumptious morning tea -foccacias and muffins
- Afternoon tea cakes, cheese & biscuits
- Hot and cold tropical buffet lunch with prawns
- Reef Interpretation
- Snorkelling equipment provided
- Mask, prescription mask if needed
- Snorkel and fins
- Guided Snorkel Tour
- Snorkel brief at each site
- Qualified lifeguard supervision
- Equipment for divers provided, inc. wetsuit
- Lycra/stinger suits
- Hot freshwater showers
As an added bonus during the whale season (July to September), however common in our waters between the months of March and October, Silversonic has one of the few permits available from the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority that allows our guests to swim with dwarf minke whales if encountered – a truly unforgettable experience!
- 08:15am: Vessel boarding. Complimentary tea / coffee and a gourmet breakfast including foccacias, muffins and cakes is served in the saloon.
- 08:30am: Depart Port Douglas Reef Marina for the Outer Barrier Reef. On the outward journey, certified and introductory dive briefings begin.
- 10:15am: Arrive at first reef location. Divers gear up, while snorkellers' site briefing begins.Get ready to view the beauty of this natural wonder!
- 11:30am: Silversonic departs for second reef location. Option for introductory divers and certified divers to do a second dive. Snorkellers site briefing.
- 12:00pm: Tropical hot and cold buffet lunch served in the air conditioned cabin.
- 1:40pm: Silversonic departs for third reef location. Snorkellers are once again briefed as to the best areas to snorkel. A FREE guided Snorkel Tour commences. Option for certified divers to do a third dive or second introductory dive.
- 2.30pm: Afternoon tea served
- 3:00pm: All passengers board vessel for final passenger count and departure for Port Douglas
- 4.30pm: Silversonic arrives at Port Douglas Reef Marina
- 4:55pm: Coaches depart for accommodation
(Subject to variations according to conditions and reef sites visited)
- Scuba Diving: Intro or Cert Diving
- Transfers from Cairns / Northern Beaches
- Underwater digital cameras available for hire
- Professional underwater photo and video service on board
First time divers can take the plunge in complete confidence with an experienced dive instructor by your side. Enjoy up to 2 dives.
Enjoy up to 3 dives. All dives are guided to maximise your experience.
SCUBA DIVING CONDITIONS:
- Certain medical conditions and medications may preclude some people from scuba diving. For advice contact our office.
- Minimum age for scuba diving is 12 years.
- Flying after scuba diving: A wait of 12 hours is recommended but preferably 24 hours, if doing multiple dives, before ascending to an altitude of 300 metres or greater.
- Certified divers must have an internationally recognized SCUBA certificate card.
- PADI certified dive instructors
GREAT NEWS! All bookings made through Travstar do not incur a credit card surcharge.
SilverSonic Guest Reviews (14)
Sunday, July 19, 2015
Snorkelling trip was great. Staff were very friendly and knowledgeable, also very helpful when my wife got sick on the boat trip. All three sites were varied in layout and wildlife.
Wednesday, March 19, 2014
The instructions on how to snorkel and the best locations were very helpful. Really enjoyed the variety of the reef life that we saw at the 3 locations. Highly recommend this tour.
Tuesday, October 29, 2013
My friend and I really enjoyed our day with the Silversonic team. They were friendly, knowledgable and very helpful. The three reef sites were amazing, and I preferred this reef trip to that which I did from Cairns.
Friday, October 04, 2013
Had a wonderful day.
Thursday, February 28, 2013
Thought the silversonic was a great, the whole day out was well organised and so much fun. the sites are breathtaking. however, the introductory scubadive is not that great for people that have done it before. they should give uncertified divers that have done it before and confident under the water more freedom and not be to protective. have scubadived all over the world and GRB was below average for diving. the snorkel was awsome though. l. didnt really need to do the scubadive on reflection. still a great day out though.
Thursday, February 14, 2013
Great crew great ship and destinations that was chosen were excellent
Tuesday, February 28, 2012
This was not our first choice, but due to scheduling with Poseidon, they had to change it. The staff, facilities and experience were all wonderful. Would recommend it again.
Monday, April 25, 2011
Again a full days activity, facilities were good, as were the staff on board the boat. Charging for the lycra suits seemed a bit unnecessary.
Monday, August 09, 2010
Great trip, crew helpful and accomodating. Great boat and beautiful sites for seeing the wildlife. Food was excellent. Definitely recommend.
Friday, October 09, 2009
Sunday, March 22, 2009
An absolutely amazing day from start to finish - one of the best experiences I have ever had. Boat faciitie and crew excellent. Went snorkelling and scuba diving for the first time and will remember this day always
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
We had a great time and they were much better than the other reef trip we booked even though it was still choppy weather
Sunday, May 04, 2008
Great experience for first time divers or snorkelers. They had great service and nice equipment.
Tuesday, February 05, 2008
A great way to see the Great Barrier Reef. The Silversonic was very comfortable and the staff were friendly, accommodating and helpful!
SilverSonic Videos (4)
* Swim with Whales (if encountered) * Ultra modern Catamaran * Fastest vessel to the reef * Super smooth * 3 of the best reef locations * 5 hours of actual reef time * Permit to swim with whalesSilversonic has one of very few permits allowing you to swim with Minke Whales if they are encountered.
Travel between now and 31/March/2018
|All prices shown in Australian Dollars|
|Prices valid from now until 31 March 2018|
|1 Cert Dive - Tanks & Weights||$279||$279||n/a|
|1 Cert Dive - Full Gear||$289||$289||n/a|
|2 Cert Dives - Tanks & Weights||$299||$299||n/a|
|2 Cert Dives - Full Gear||$309||$309||n/a|
|3 Cert Dives - Tanks & Weights||$315||$315||n/a|
|3 Cert Dives - Full Gear||$325||$325||n/a|
|1 Intro Dive||$306||$306||n/a|
|2 Intro Dives||$371||$371||n/a|
|Prices valid from now until 31 March 2018|
|Cairns & Beaches hotel transfers | Adult||$30|
|Cairns & Beaches hotel transfers | Child||$26|
|Child Age = 4-14 years|
|Family = 2 Adults & 2 Children|
|WE DO NOT CHARGE BOOKING FEES OR CREDIT CARD SURCHARGES|