Mantra Portsea Resort Info
What makes it great?
- Includes continental buffet breakfast daily *(some specials are room only as indicated)
- Tropical Resort atmosphere
- Lagoon pool for fun, lap pool for serious swimming
- Pool Bar serving drinks & snacks
- Easy stroll to the beach
This resort has an unhurried atmosphere where you can spend the day exploring the swim in water features. A footpath is located alongside the property giving direct access to 4 Mile Beach.
- 145 rooms
- Check-in 10am, check-out 2pm
- 3 Outdoor Swimming Pools
- Lagoon pool, waterslide, spas, and waterfalls linked by a central lagoon
- Lap pool
- Plunge pool
- Swim up Pool Bar serving drinks and light snacks (open from 11am to 8pm, season & weather dependent)
- Tennis Court
- 24 hour Reception
- Arrival & Departure Lounge
- BBQ Facilities
- Baby sitting service
- Breakfast room (open from 7am to 9:30am)
- Day spa
- Internet Room (fees apply)
- Laundry Facilities (coin operated)
- Undercover Parking
All Rooms Feature:
- Air-Conditioning & Ceiling Fans
- Cable TV (Austar), DVD player
- In-Room Safe
- Bathroom with shower, hairdryer
- Tea & Coffee making facilities, mini fridge
- Iron & Ironing Board
- Extra cleaning services can be provided at an additional cost: Please arrange with reception
- Weekly service is included for stays of 8 or more nights. This will be done mid-stay and includes:
(a) Fresh bathroom towels
(b) Remove rubbish from kitchen and bathroom
(c) Make Bed with fresh linen
(d) Replace bathroom and kitchen amenities
(e) Light kitchen clean
(f) Light bathroom clean
(g) Vacuum and mop floor as required
(h) Dishes cleaned/dishwasher loaded
- Hotel Rooms are very simple. There is not a balcony in the hotel room. Available with 1 king [zip] or 2 single beds.
Additionally Apartments Feature:
- Kitchenette (hotplates, microwave, all utensils)
- Spa bath
- Balcony with outdoor seating
- Lounge area
- One Bedroom Studio: Bedding Configuration: 1 x Queen or 2x single beds (on request). These are open plan rooms. There is no separate bedroom.
- Two Bedroom Apartment: Bedding Configuration: 1 Queen + 1 king [zip]
- Two Bedroom Dual Key Apartment: Hotel Room and One bedroom Studio connecting by a common entrance area.
Location: 76 Davidson St, Port Douglas
- 150m to Four Mile Beach
- 70km to Cairns Airport
- 800m (15 minute walk) from Macrossan Street (main street of Port Douglas with shops, restaurants and Coles Supermarket)
- 45km to Daintree Rainforest
PLEASE NOTE: There is no lift facilities at this propertyGREAT NEWS! All payments made to Travstar do not incur a credit card surcharge.
Mantra Portsea Resort Guest Reviews (16)
Wednesday, August 05, 2015
Great resort... Great rooms & excellent pools.
Breakfast fantastic all you want in the tropics. Easy walk to town. Beach 2 mins away.
Monday, December 01, 2014
The Mantra had a good location to both the beach and shopping centre.
The swim up bar was very popular. Underground parking was appreciated. The rooms were large and well appointed particularly overlooking the pool.
Wednesday, June 25, 2014
Pool was fantastic for our 2 and 3 year old kids
Sunday, October 06, 2013
Absolutely ideal location, friendly staff, excellent facilities. Highly recommend.
Wednesday, July 04, 2012
The facilities and service at the Mantra Portsea suited our family perfectly - we were able to get out and about with a minimum of fuss while having a comfortable and friendly base to launch from.
Wednesday, September 01, 2010
A fantastic resort for families of young children (4 & 6). Our room had everything we needed, close to pool (which was great), laundry and beach access. Would definately stay here again.
Thursday, April 22, 2010
they gave us a room with no insect screens with a verandah full of shrubbery (lots of insects). the airconditioner had a dreadful smell and we left it off. they offered us another room the next day but we were out most of the time and just put up with it. No way is this a 3 star (maybe 2 star) we also had cockroaches. I would not stay in a Mantra again!
Thursday, January 14, 2010
the resort was a great family resort, especially the pools for the girls and 2min walk to the beach. loved the 2 living areas within the rooms and breakfast was very enjoyable everymorning. would stay there again
Saturday, July 18, 2009
Room was very unclean, dead lizard dropped from cupboard above the microwave when opened. Service very very poor from staff with the exception from one pool staff. Breakfast was only continental which we were not aware of. It seemed that a lot of the food offered was not fresh regarding the pastries. Staff running around breakfast with no idea what they were doing, no clean glasses available for juice!! Very disappointed with value for money in this resort, would have been furious if had of paid the full rate for the room (had the deal pay for 3 nights stay for 4). Rangewood was almost dripping with fat from it, discusting! BBQ was not lighting, when asked reception for help they just said, \\\"yeah it has been playing up, go to the other one\\\" we had no idea where the other one was!!! Terrible service.
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
It was a very nice resort, the 2 bedroom apartment was a bit smaller than I hoped. The pool/bar area and the breakfast were great. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful. The cleanliness of the resort could be better i.e. the hallways and reception area. Overall though I would stay again.
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
had a great time
staff were friendly, it just seemed under staffed
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
The service was great, I complement the office hours. The fire alarms are an issue due as the rooms dont seem to be designed to cook in.
Sunday, October 12, 2008
Thanks for the email. Holiday was fantastic, loved every minute of it. You girls were super helpful as well and we're very grateful. We'd definitely book our next trip through you.
Have a great day,
Friday, September 12, 2008
Travstar consultant was fantastic, she asssited me all the way with my booking. Portsea Mantra was excellent, we had stayed before and will stay again. Great place for us as I was travelling with my adult daughters and we all had a most enjoyable stay.
Saturday, November 10, 2007
The portsea was a great hotel to stay at. The facilites were good, but a larger kitchen area would have been beneficial. Also an in house restaurant would have been good. Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Pools were fantastic and so was the pool bar!!
Friday, November 09, 2007
Great family holiday. Good Location, easy access to beach and close enough to facilities in Port Douglas - very easy cycle ride or walk along the beach or road. Great pool. Excellent breakfast included in the price. All round good value and friendly, helpful staff. Would recommend.