Quicksilver Reef & Cape Trib Info
2 Day Quicksilver Outer Barrier Reef & Cape Tribulation Experience
With this exciting combination, you'll experience the magical underwater kingdom of the renowned Agincourt Reef and then explore some of the oldest rainforest on our planet at Cape Tribulation in the heart of the Daintree Rainforest.
DAY 1: Quicksilver Outer Reef Cruise
- Departs Marina Mirage Port Douglas at 10am, returns Port Douglas: 4.30pm
- Return hotel transfers from Cairns, Northern Beaches (Trinity Beach, Palm Cove) or Port Douglas included
For your experience of a lifetime, discover a world of beauty, vibrant coral gardens and diverse marine life when you cruise to the Outer Great Barrier Reef with Quicksilver.
Quicksilver's high-speed wavepiercing catamaran will take you in airconditioned comfort to an exclusive activity platform moored at the renowned Agincourt Reef, a jewel-like ribbon reef on the edge of Australia's Continental Shelf. The Agincourt ribbon reef systems showcase spectacular coral formations, colourful marine life and exceptional underwater visibility.
From the spacious activity platform guests of all ages, swimmers and non-swimmers alike, can experience this stunning reef world in comfort, whether you choose to get wet and snorkel or stay dry and observe. Friendly and attentive crew, including professional marine biologists, are on hand to ensure you enjoy and gain the most from your day. Explore the reef from the comfort of a semi-submersible, discover in the underwater observatory, watch the fascinating fish feeding presentation or snorkel and dive in the beautiful coral gardens.
Your Day Includes:
- Return Wavepiercer cruise from Port Douglas Marina Mirage
- Morning and afternoon teas on board
- Reef presentation by marine biologist
- Hot and cold tropical buffet lunch
- Snorkelling equipment (mask, snorkel & fins) and instruction provided
- Qualified lifeguard supervision
- Underwater observatory fish & coral viewing
- Coral viewing by semi-submersible vessels cruise as often as you like!
- Fish feeding [conducted by crew].
Exciting optional activities (additional cost):
- introductory and certified scuba diving,
- Marine Biologist guided snorkel tours,
- Oceanwalker helmet diving
- scenic helicopter flights.
DAY 2:CAPE TRIBULATION
Tropical Horizons - Cape Tribulation, Port Douglas, Daintree Rainforest & Mossman Gorge
Discover the unique wilderness area of the World Heritage listed rainforests of both Cape Tribulation & iconic Mossman Gorge with this Eco-Certified nature tourism operator.
- Includes return hotel transfers from:
- Departs Cairns and Northern Beaches (Trinity Beach, Palm Cove) at 7am, returns approx 6:30pm.
- Departs Port Douglas at 8:30am. returns approx 5:30pm.
- Mossman Gorge Gateway
- Swim in Mossman Gorge or Guided Daintree National Park walk
- Morning and afternoon teas
- Daintree River Wildlife Cruise
- Lunch in a rainforest setting
- Cape Tribulation Beach and foreshore walk
- Alexandra Range Lookout
- Cable ferry crossing over Daintree River
- National Park fees
- Short Tour of Port Douglas
1 hour Daintree River Wildlife Cruise - catch a river boat and be guided down the Daintree River where theres a good chance of catching a glimpse of a lazy crocodile or two, tree snakes, pythons and water birds.
Cape Tribulation Beach and a guided foreshore walk and Kulki lookout and observe where two of the world's natural wonders converge - the rainforest gives way to white sand and fringing coral reef!
Alexandra Range Lookout to enjoy this spectacular lookout over the Daintree River estuary, Snapper Island and beyond to the Coral Sea.
Vehicular cable ferry crossing over the Daintree River.
Mossman Gorge Gateway Centre including all entrance fees and charges. This is a special place of significance to the local Ku Ku Yalanji people. The group is transferred by eco-friendly open electric vehicles, which quietly wind their way into the tranquil gorge surrounds. Enjoy an interpretive guided walk of the gorge and experience this ancient rainforest firsthand, or instead (subject to water volume) enjoy a refreshing swim.
Return you to your accommodation with wonderful memories of this unique and precious wilderness area.
- These 2 daytrips can be done on any two days of your holiday in no particular order. Please advise at the time of booking.
- Accommodation not included
Quicksilver Reef & Cape Trib Videos (9)
Quicksilver Cruises Great Barrier Reef Tours Port Douglas
Daintree, Mossman Gorge - Tropical Horizons Tours
Billy Connolly visits the Reef with Quicksilver
Quicksilver Cruises Great Barrier Reef Tours
Daintree - Cairns Tours
Port Douglas Quicksilver
GBR Helicopters re Quicksilver
Helicopter tour over outer Great Barrier Reef (Agincourt Reef)