Kuranda, Hartley's & Quicksilver Info
3 Day Tour Package - Option 7
This 3 day tour package is perfect for families.
- Skyrail, Kuranda, Scenic Rail
- Hartley's Crocodile Adventures Park
- Quicksilver Agincourt Reef Pontoon
DAY ONE: Kuranda Skyrail & Train
Skyrail Up/Train Down:
- 8am pickup in Port Douglas
- 9:15am Skyrail Cableway
- Red Peak & Barron Falls Boardwalk
- Free time in Kuranda Village
- 2pm or 3:30pm Scenic Railway
- Return transfer to hotel
Skyrail Rainforest Cableway: Board the Skyrail for a journey to Kuranda. There are 2 stops enroute to explore Red Peak and Barron Falls Rainforest Boardwalks. The Journey takes 1hr 15mins
Kuranda Village: Free time is allowed to explore this quaint village, including the Markets which operate daily. You will have free time in Kuranda Village
Kuranda Scenic Rail: At your scheduled time, board the Kuranda Scenic Rail for your journey to Freshwater Station. The journey takes 1 1/2 hours from Kuranda.Kuranda Scenic Rail Gold Class Upgrade:
Gold Class has provided a premium experience, giving you the extra comfort and little bit of luxury, and a most memorable experience
- 9.55am departure from Freshwater station to Kuranda
- 3.30pm departure from Kuranda to Cairns
- Dedicated host service
- Individual seating, lounge-style chairs
- Ambient, historical décor, including timber look flooring, historical photographs and cedar interior
- Kuranda Scenic Railway gift pack including Kuranda Scenic Railway badge, pen, postcard and postage
- Souvenir trip guide
- Optional exclusive tour of the Heritage-Listed Signal Cabin at Kuranda station
- Queensland and local Tablelands produce such as Gallo Dairyland Cheese, Skybury Coffee, Wondaree Macadamias, Manago to Go (100% pure mango "ice-cream" style treat), freshly baked muffins with local fruit, Sirromet wines and Great Northern Brewing Company Super Crisp Lager
- Welcome drinks served 20 minutes prior to departure:
- Morning service: tropical mocktails served in the pavilion area
- Afternoon service: served onboard the train
Diamond View Gondolas provides guests with amazing panoramic views of the tropical landscape, Coral Sea and rainforest canopy, but also the unique perspective of looking straight down from the treetops to the forest floor through the glass flooring for the entire Skyrail experience. Taking a maximum of 5 persons and a waiting time of 7 minutes. (extra cost)
DAY 2 - Hartley's Crocodile Adventure Park
Departures: 10:15am pickup with a 4pm coach back to hotel
The Park is not only home to hundreds of crocodiles but also Koalas, Kangaroos, Cassowaries, Dingoes, snakes, reptiles and other species native to Australia.
Hartley’s Crocodile Adventures is located 25 kilometres (20 minutes) south of Port Douglas.
11.00am - Crocodile Feeding
See a huge estuarine (saltwater) crocodile hand fed in a presentation which also features Australia's indigenous freshwater crocodile.
11.30am - Crocodile Photos
Impress your friends with a photo of you holding a LIVE crocodile (photo extra charge)
1.30pm - Crocodile Farm Tour
Gain and insight into the operation of our crocodile farm. Learn how farming contributes to the conservation of wild crocodiles in their natural habitat.
2.00pm - Snake Show
Discover the world's most venomous snakes and learn how to administer first aid for snake bite.
2.30pm - Boat Cruise
Cruise the still waters of Hartley's Lagoon and experience the domain of the Saltwater Crocodile in its natural habitat. Great opportunity for bird watchers to spot Kingfishers, Egrets etc. which choose to live around the lagoons.
3.00pm - Crocodile Attack Show
Watch our professional, experienced keepers demonstrate the notorious death roll and head shake. See a huge crocodile hand-fed up close in our specially designed amphitheatre.
DAY THREE: Quicksilver
Quicksilver takes you to Agincourt Reef Pontoon, a magnificent ribbon reef where you can snorkel, dive or stay dry and explore the stunning reef from the comfort of a semi-sub.
- Port Douglas Accommodation Transfers
- Morning and afternoon tea
- Hot and cold tropical smorgasbord lunch
- Itinerary and reef information leaflet
- Informative presentation by marine biologist
- All snorkelling equipment
- Qualified snorkelling safety officers
- Underwater observatory
- Semi-submersible coral viewing
Your day at a glance:
10.00am Depart Reef Marina, Port Douglas
10.30am Snorkelling demonstration and Introductory dive information presentation
10.30am An informative Marine Biologist slide presentation also takes place on the upper deck
11.30am Arrive Outer Barrier Reef - Reef activities commence:
- Enjoy free swimming and free snorkelling from submerged platform
- Underwater observatory open for coral and fish viewing
- 20 minute Semi-sub tours depart every fifteen minutes from the rear of the platform
- Pre-booked guided snorkelling tours with Marine Biologist ( optional )
- Diving and helicopter scenic flights ( optional )
- Fish feeding conducted at snorkelling platform at advertised times
1.30pm Lunch finishes. Time for more activity or just relax and take in the view!!
3.00pm Depart Agincourt Reef for Port Douglas. Reef video and photo viewing on board
4.30pm Arrival at Reef Marina, Port Douglas. Transfer back to your hotel.
Note: These 3 day tours do not need to be taken consecutively.
Kuranda, Hartley's & Quicksilver Videos (10)
Skyrail Cairns - Rainforest Cableway
Quicksilver Cruises Great Barrier Reef Tours Port Douglas
Skyrail Video - Red Peak Station
Billy Connolly visits the Reef with Quicksilver
Barron Falls Station
Quicksilver Cruises Great Barrier Reef Tours
Cairns Rainforest Tours - Skyrail Cairns
Port Douglas Quicksilver
GBR Helicopters re Quicksilver
Helicopter tour over outer Great Barrier Reef (Agincourt Reef)