GBR Helicopters & Kuranda Train & Skyrail 2 day Combo:
GBR Helicopters guarantee the most exhilarating and unique way of experiencing a bird’s eye view of Tropical North Queensland's spectacular icons. To really appreciate the untouched beauty that is World Heritage protected, you must see it from the air. This is only a 30 minute experience with flexible timings. Choose any afternoon or morning of your stay.
Kuranda Train & Skyrail: This package combines the famous Kuranda Scenic Railway and Skyrail Rainforest Cableway with free time in Kuranda village for a full day tour experience.
Day 1: 30 Minute Reef Discovery from Port Douglas
Low Isles is postcard perfect from a boat. From the air it really comes to life, as does the entire North Queensland coastline laid out below you. Skip and soar over the greatest single natural asset on the planet. Don't forget to help your totally cool pilot spot for wildlife!
- Complimentary hotel transfers from Port Douglas
- 30 Minute Scenic flight over the Great Barrier Reef
- Minimum 2 passengers to run tour
- Weights required
Day 2: Kuranda Train & Skyrail
- Pick-up from hotel starting Approx. 7:45am
- Kuranda Scenic Rail at 9.50am
- Approx. 2.5 hours free time in Kuranda
- Return by Skyrail 1.45pm
- Barron Falls & Red Peak Boardwalks
- Coach transfer back to hotel 3:45pm arriving back to your hotel Approx. 5pm
Kuranda Scenic Rail: At Freshwater Station, board the famous Kuranda Scenic Rail for your journey to Kuranda. The Journey takes 1.5 hrs.
Kuranda Village: Free time is allowed to explore this quaint village, including the Heritage Markets which operate daily. Approximately 2.5hrs to free time in Kuranda Village.
Skyrail Rainforest Cableway: At your scheduled time, board Skyrail for your journey to Caravonica Lakes. There are 2 stops en-route to explore Barron Falls and Red Peak Rainforest Boardwalks. The Journey takes 1 hour and 15 minutes allowing time to have a walk at each station.
**Please note this is a self-guided tour**
Optional upgrades ( additional cost )
Gold Class Kuranda Scenic Rail provides a premium experience for passengers wanting that extra comfort and a little bit of luxury for a most memorable experience.
- 9.55am departure from Freshwater Station to Kuranda
- 3.30pm departure from Kuranda to Cairns
- Dedicated personalised Gold Class attendant
- Individual seating, lounge-style chairs (24 seats in each carriage over 4 carriages)
- Ambient, historical décor, including timber look flooring, historical photographs and cedar interior
- Gift pack including Kuranda Scenic Railway badge, pen, postcard
- Souvenir trip guide available in 9 languages
- Optional exclusive tour of the Heritage-Listed Signal Cabin at Kuranda station
- Conducted 15 minutes after arrival for morning trains
- Conducted 30 minutes prior to departure for afternoon trains
- Food & beverage offerings will focus on Queensland and local Tablelands produce such as:
o Gallo Dairyland Cheese
o Skybury Coffee & Daintree Tea
o Wondaree Macadamias
o Mango to Go (100% pure mango "ice-cream" style treat)
o Freshly baked muffins with local fruit
o Sirromet Wines & Great Northern Brewing Company Super Crisp Lager
Kuranda Wildlife Experience includes entry to the Kuranda Koala Gardens, Birdworld and the Australian Butterfly Sanctuary. You will have access to all three attractions at a great saving off the normal admission price!
Return hotel transfers included from Port Douglas.
Please note: Please advise the weight of every helicopter passenger. This is to ensure that all safety standards are met. These tours do not need to be done consecutively.